IMPORTANT: COVID-19 UPDATE
We have been closely monitoring the developing situation with the current Covid-19 outbreak, and liaising with our venues.
Unfortunately we have made the extremely difficult decision to postpone some of our upcoming 5th anniversary screenings during March and April.
This has not been made lightly, but ultimately the health and safety of our guests and the festival team has to be of paramount importance.
There is some positive news. We have a contingency plan in place for this scenario, and will be rescheduling screenings instead of cancelling outright.
This means that all tickets purchased for any rescheduled screenings will automatically transfer to the new date at no additional cost.
If you are no longer able to attend the new date, you are eligible for a refund.
Here is our current position:
- if you have a ticket for any of the affected events listed below, we will contact you via email shortly with further information on the rescheduled date and how the ticket transfer will work. Please bear with us as we have several affected events and are making sure that the new dates are locked in with the venues
- our events from 15th May onwards are currently still going ahead and ticket sales will remain live. If the situation changes nearer these events then we will update you accordingly, and will have contingency plans in place
- we are aiming to launch sales for our Autumn 2020 programme earlier than in previous years
Here are the impacted events:
- Back To The Future, Bristol Museum, Thursday 19th March
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Bristol Museum, Thursday 19th March
- Catch Me If You Can, Aerospace Bristol, Friday 20th March
- Master And Commander, Brunel’s SS Great Britain, Thursday 26th March
- WALL•E, we the curious, Friday 27th March
- The Matrix, we the curious, Friday 27th March
- Ruthless, Averys Wine Merchants, Wednesday 1st April
- A Fistful Of Dollars, Clifton College, Thursday 9th April
- Passport To Pimlico, Averys Wine Merchants, Thursday 23rd April
We’re really grateful for the continued support from everyone. We’ve been very fortunate to be able to host several successful events so far this year, including over the festival’s anniversary weekend, and appreciate the kindness, good humour and understanding of so many of you during such difficult times.
We’re working hard to minimise the disruption and to ensure that you can still enjoy a full Bristol Film Festival programme this year, at a time when all of our guests feel comfortable in attending.
We will keep you updated via social media and our mailing list newsletters on the changes to our schedule, and will see you all again soon.
Thank you and all the best,
The Festival Team